[bitlug] lets kick off on the march meet

  • From: "TC, PAVAN" <pavan.t-c@xxxxxx>
  • To: <bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:39:25 +0800

Hi ppl,

This is regarding the planned march meet at BIT.
We have another 15 days to go. We need to have an agenda,
in the first place. We still havent talked about the purpose
and the target audience of this meet.=20

First of all, does it need to be a strictly Linux Opening session?
Since we havent made a mark as a Linux Users Group yet, I feel=20
some emphasis on that is required. So, the topics need to be selected
according to this. And no Vi and Emacs this time, to start off with.

Secondly, the janta arent too enthu about such things, as far as
we have seen. The main reason they attend is keeping their projects
in view. Otherwise, they dont even understand the importance of such
talks. We need to think about this.

Thirdly, the infrastructure. Remember how things went wrong with our
planned, mega session about STLs and the rest?

Also, the primary issue of the students maintaining the labs. We need=20
to talk it over with the admin guys first, before even proposing the=20
idea to janta. We'll be kicked out if something goes wrong there.

Just another idea. By this time, I feel that most of us have a good
repository of technical material. If we can pool it up and organize
it well, it will be a good resource. And, we can involve these people
in "projects" to design and maintain these repositories.
Not just that, maybe a e-library system, wherein only the members get to
access stuff. It is free anyway. It will push more people in joining
the list. We can also think about discussions, like BLUG, on the engg.
project topics and can slowly introduce other ones as and when it is =
reqd.
This will bring in the topic of the internet. I dont know if it is =
already
there in our college.

This is just a list. add to it.

RFC