[bitlug] Re: hello everybody....

  • From: "KARTHIK HG" <karthikisgod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 21 Apr 2004 18:19:59 -0000

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 kundan  kumar wrote :

>dear friends and seniors
>i am new here to this group....and joined on the advice of peeyush sir...i am
>very fond of linux operatin sys and spend most of time on this os only....
>
>for the sixth sem mini project i have decided to build a device driver for a
>cdrom on linux os...the project is tough to complete in so less time as said
>by many...but we are confident to build this in time with
>ur help and our hard workkkk.....
>
>i have been goin thro' the device drivers book by alexandero lubbini for some
>time and got some basic concepts abt device drivers....
>
>can you guys suggest me some more books and sites to look into for this
>thing....wher e can i get this kernel version 2.2.5-2.2.15!!!!
>
>so i request u 2 kindly get some help for me...
>
>bye for now -kundan

Hi Kundan,
 you'll find the 2.2.5 or any other kernel version at
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.2
As peeyush suggested, its extremely important to know the h/w, in ur case the
cd-rom, really well...
check out the driver code for cd-roms in the recent kernels... it'll give u a
good idea of what u might have to do...