[bitlug] Project Page (IMP)

  • From: Peeyush Prasad <peeyush@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:50:42 +0530 (IST)

ok,final mail for today :^)
 One very common refrain was the need for choosing good project topics for
the 6th sem guys and seminar topics for the 8th sem guys.Recognizing this,
we have decided to add a 'Project Page' to the BITLug site. The objectives
are:
 - We put some feasible project ideas on the page from our side.
 - We allow others to contribute ideas,with some pointers on how to go
about this. (I intend to tap our class and the alumni list for this)
 - We can also have the concept of 'mentors', ie, jobless ppl ;-), who are
willing to contribute both project ideas and guidance to groups of
students on implemetation.

 We are working on the site preparation, in the mean time, experienced
junta can start posting ideas to the list in the following format:
 * Area of CS (networking,algos,harware etc)
 * Actual idea
 * Prior knowledge required
 * Some pointers on implementation

Pls remember, there is an urgent need for this, as most guys will start on
their projects in the next couple of days.
 I expect the page to be up by tomorrow evening.
 RFC
-- P