[bitlug] Linux internals as elective

  • From: Turuvanur Pavan-A20404 <pavan.tc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bitlug (E-mail)" <bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:04:23 +0530

> some of we people are taking linux internals as our electinve
> this sem.
> so i wud like to request u people to guide us thro'.
> especialyy peeyush and pawan, can you plz give some seminars on the
> topics.we r very much
> interested abt this and it will be sure a help for us.
> peeyush sir, i tried to contact u in ur ofiice but u wer not
> available.plz reply back.

First of all, please do not have an irrelevant topic to your mail.

coming to the topic, Linux internals is a wonderful subject to opt for
if you are intersted in knowing how the linux kernel *really* works. It
almost becomes mandatory for you to have the source code before you and
then go through this book ( M. Beck, et all ), if you are interested in
the kernel code. As a subject, i dont really know how apt it will be to
write an exam based on the data structures used in the linux kernel and
the logic behind the caching algorithm, for example.

However, if you are interested in taking this as your elective, we can
probably have a few seminars on kernel internals. Coincidentally, i am
currently going through the kernel sources as part of my work. But we
will have to work out a schedule before zero-ing in on anything. We
will definitely need more participation from your side, if it is going
to be a seminar meant only for the seventh semester guys.

peeyush, comments please.

TC