[bitlug] BITLug: 'File handling' Sat,20mar,1200am,BIT

  • From: Peeyush Prasad <peeyush@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <bitcompsci02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<bit-bangalore_alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:56:47 +0530 (IST)

                     BITLug presents
                 'File Handling Fundas'

 Date : 12th March, 2004
 Time : 12:00 am
 Duration: 1.5 hrs + 0.5 hr student session
 Venue: BIT Seminar Hall, Bangalore Institute of Technology
 Speakers: Pavan TC, Hewlett Packard (pavan.t-c@xxxxxx)
           Peeyush Prasad, Raman Research Institute (peeyush@xxxxxxxxxx)

Abstract :

 BITLug is BIT's first Linux Users group, and has already organised two
talks last year as part of its regular activities.
 We start off this year with a collection of talks which we call
                     'The OS Series'
The aim of this series is to familiarise the audience of the various
programming facilities offered by any modern OS. This is demonstrated by
building a sample application.
 The topics to be covered include :
  File handling
  Memory Management
  Process management
  IPC
The second talk continues in the same vein, we concentrate on a sample
demo program.
 We start off with the student sandbox sessions, where a student from BIT
delivers a 0.5 hr session on a predecided topic.
  The second talk's sandbox session details :

   Speaker : Shailesh, 8th sem
   Topic   : Introduction to Databases

 For more details, log on to www.rri.res.in/~peeyush/bitlug/index.html, or
mail
the speakers.
 Please circulate this notice to anybody interested.
 TIA
-- P