[birdky] rpt: Yard Birds in Elliott County

  • From: Evelyn Morgan <one4est@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bird KY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:18:08 -0700 (PDT)

I saw the first Junco of the season today.  I heard the chip, then saw the lone
bird.  I am not sure I'm ready for winter but the birds sure act like they are.
  The red headed woodpeckers are back at my dad's house also.

  A couple of yellow rumped warblers was picking insect out of the cracks on
the garage porch. It was strange watching them follow the cracks eating the
insects.  Too bad bird don't like the ladybugs that are everywhere...

  Happy Birding

  Evelyn Morgan
  Elliott County