[birdky] redstarts and more at the Arboretum in Lexington

  • From: "Roberta Burnes" <rburnes@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:00:38 -0400

Just returned from a tree ID hike to the woods here at the Arboretum where I
work, and while there I became distracted by a great many American Redstarts
and an assortment of unidentified fall warblers.  Didn't have my binoculars
(why would I need them for trees?), so all I could do was watch and listen.
Though they made no sound, the field marks were obvious even without
binoculars.

If you go, I suggest the black cherry trees - almost all of the activity I
got close to was in a black cherry that was right next to the path.  The
birds were active and quite bold.

Roberta Burnes

Lexington, KY

JPEG image