[birdky] Re: re critter proof feeders

  • From: "Millie" <kymillie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <susan.ammons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <lindaolangley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 13:12:06 -0500

Our squirrel baffle acts as a ledge for the squirrels to get up on the platform
feeder.  :-(   Today in the platform feeder with no cover, I have had ground
feeders Juncos and doves, plus a Carolina wren.. along with the usual titmouse,
cardinal, blue jay, chickadee, finches. The doves often use it as a resting
place and just hunkered down on it, keeping the other birds out.

The Carolina wren also visits the feeder on the window that has nothing but
sunflower seeds in it.

Millie Farmer
St. Matthews, KY