[birdky] more nighthawks

It was nothing like last night's display, but we had several loose flocks of
nighthawks totaling 100 birds over our farm right at dusk. One thing I've
noticed about them before: it's not unusual for them to migrate over flying
determinedly due east. Do they turn right at the Appalachians and proceed
south?
Tonight, like last night, we saw most of our birds flying east, followed by
another, higher, flock flying just as earnestly due south. Like last night,
the two flocks were clearly at two different altitudes above us.

Steve and Janet Kistler

Hart Co.

E-mail: gary.ritchison@xxxxxxx