[birdky] life bird

  • From: Nicole McClure <racehoss00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 12:50:43 -0800 (PST)

WHOA....................What a flipping GREAT Super Bowl Sunday, and the game
hasn't even been played yet!. I just saw a first in my yard and in my
life....Red-Bellied Woodpecker! He/she was hanging from my suet feeder,
desperately trying to get the remainder of the Raisen Suet. I think I may run
outside and refill...and try to get him/her to come back. And dangit if the
camera is not here right now...

Other birds in the yard today...

Mourning Doves 10+
Goldfinches 20+
Starlings 3
House Sparrows 10
Blue Jays 3
Chickadees 2
WT Sparrow 1

Something I have noticed this winter, at least in my yard, are the droves of
goldfinches consistently at the feeder, and the lack of Juncos around. The last
2 winters, I averaged about 10 of each, now I have 20-40 finches and 2 or 3
juncos.

Nicole McClure
UMR- A United Healthcare Company

333 West Vine St.