[birdky] Re: injured hawk

Thanks so much to all of you who  quickly responded last night in an attempt to
help an injured hawk.  He turned out to be a Cooper's and he was found this
morning in relatively good condition, but still unable to fly.    It took
information that I received from all of you to help me figure out what to do.
Katie Wilder came out early this morning and we luckily found the hawk not too
far from where he was last seen last night.  A vet here x-rayed him and
determined that he had not broken his wing, but just badly bruised it.  We
transported him to Hopkinsville this afternoon to Elaine Monroe for rehab and
hopefully he can be returned to his territory in a few weeks.
Besides making the acquaintance of such caring people as Katie Wilder and
Elaine Monroe, two other neat things came out of this. We discovered that the
vet who so willingly x-rayed the hawk is building a new home right across the
narrow strip of lake from where the bird was found and seemed very pleased that
he might just see this hawk again. We also found out how great all of you are
in taking your time to respond quickly when there is a bird in distress.

                                                                            Ann
Morgan

Madisonville

E-mail: gary.ritchison@xxxxxxx