[birdky] home farm/Liberty Park

  • From: Lyneart <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 17:54:56 -0500

It was too dark and dreary for any decent pictures this morning when I circled
my farm. Did see a few birds, including my FOS White-crowned Sparrows. Also saw
several Swamp Sparrows, a couple of Lincoln's Sparrows, an Indigo Bunting, a
Yellowthroat, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Palm Warbler and one of the Waterthrushes.
Couldn't determine which one.

It was mostly sunny this afternoon when we spent a couple of hours at Liberty
Park, off Riverside Drive in Clarksville, TN. I had seen on ebird that someone
had seen an Osprey and a Horned Grebe there. Didn't see a Horned Grebe, but did
see an Osprey fly over, circle back, drop to the Cumberland River to catch
something, then head off with its catch. Other birds seen there or passing
overhead - Double-crested Cormorant, Pied-billed Grebe, Canada Geese, Killdeer,
Spotted Sandpiper, Great Blue Heron, Turkey & Black Vultures, Red-tailed Hawk,
Red-shouldered Hawk, Mockingbird. A number of weedy spots along the walking
trail looked like good sparrow habitat, but we saw no small songbirds at all.

Cormorant & Spotted Sandpiper pics here -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/123438032@N04/
Frank Lyne
frank@xxxxxxxxxxx - near Dot in Logan County, KY

================NOTES TO SUBSCRIBERS=============
When posting on BIRDKY, please close posts with
your first and last name and your address (city or county).

To post on BIRDKY, send e-mail to:
birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Visit the KOS website at
http://www.birdky.org