[birdky] crane flyover, shrikes on territory

My shop radio stays tuned to WKYU Public radio. They have opera on Saturady
afternoon. I think opera sounds better with the radio off. So thanks to the
radio being off, at about 2:30 Saturday afternoon, I heard the sounds of
approaching cranes, and stepped outside just in time to see a flock of about 75
Sandhill Cranes flying straight overhead toward the northwest. The wind was
easterly at the time so they were flying with the wind.
  A solitary shrike that occupied a particular strip of my field border during
the early part of winter disappeared entirely during that month long cold
spell. In just the last few days, 2 shrikes have reappeared in the same
vicinity.
Frank Lyne frank@xxxxxxxxxxx near Dot in Logan County