[birdky] berea woods

  • From: "Marsh, Scott" <SMarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <BirdKY@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 07:24:37 -0400

I can confirm Tim's sighting of the Black-throated Blue on a wet Sunday;
we had 2 males further into the woods. Rhonda and I spent 4 hours in a
deep dark woods where only a few of the silhouettes we saw were
identified. But it was a very good day. I owe a bit of thanks to my wife
for getting me out there; after a bad day Saturday I was ready to hang
up the glasses. 21 species of warbler and all the thrushes were
observed, as well as a Rose-breasted Grosbeak and a Red-breasted
Nuthatch. I don't know if it was the dark conditions, but the birds
seemed a little less shy. They maybe were having trouble seeing us too.
This is was only my second sighting of a Veery.

Red-breasted Nuthatch
Eastern Bluebird
Veery-3
Gray-cheeked Thrush-1