[birdky] backyard feeders

  • From: ppkdrn@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 14:54:55 -0500

I thought I was seeing things earlier today but I also had 2 American Tree
Sparrows on the ground under the feeders.  I jut had a Common Grackle show up
as well.  I have not seen any of them since last fall.  There was a pair of
brown headed cowbirds with it.  I had 8 DE Juncoes this morning which is  new
high number for me.  Right now the starlings are on the ground eating from
there so they are on KP duty!
Also seen today were male and female downys, male RB woodpecker, Carolina
Chickadees, White Breasted Nuthatch, RB Nuthatch, Titmice, Cardinals along with
WT Sparrows, Tree Saprrows, Song Sparrow and Fox Sparrows.  I can't even count
the Goldfinches.  30-40 most of the time and they have house and purple finches
mixed in most of the time as well.  I have Carolina Wrens but they are not
frequenst visitors at all.

A couple of days ago, I sat a small container with some seeds in the window
right here where I sit and I have had all manor of birds come and sit there.  I
love the up close and personal and so does my cat!

Forgot to mention the 3 bluejays who are regulars here.

Millie, I hve never seen a bluebird any where in the whole state of Kentucky
but I keep hoping!

Paula Geihs
Nelson County