[birdky] another Lincoln's Sparrow

  • From: "Lyneart" <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 06:57:57 -0500

Hoping to get a better Lincoln's Sparrow picture, I returned  mid afternoon
yesterday  to my little weedy meadow. Nothing was there but a few Meadowlarks
and a couple of Mockingbirds. Afterwards, instead of putting my scope away, I
left it set up just  outside my wood carving shop, in case some hummingbirds
showed up at the feeder a few yards to the  south. (Two did.)  I hadn't been
working long when movement caught my eye  out the north window.  A Lincoln's
Sparrow was in the  garden. Having my camera and scope nearby, I was able to
get a picture.
  Looking around the garden a little more, I saw a Yellow-billed Cuckoo high in
a Walnut tree and some molting Indigo Buntings among the broken corn stalks.
Frank Lyne frank@xxxxxxxxxxx near Dot in Logan County, KY