[birdky] YARD BIRDS

  • From: "Record, D. Scott" <DSRecord@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 20:17:00 -0500

Work and weather have conspired to keep me from any passerine birding
for the past 10 days or so.  This afternoon before work I decided to
walk my property line and see what I could turn up.  Numbers were low
but I was able to add 2 birds to my "yard" list;  Veery and
Golden-w-warbler.  I think Golden-w-warbler is a county bird for me as
well.  I usually miss it every year and I think this is only the 3rd or
so I've ever seen.  At one point the Veery, Golden-w and a Swainsons
thrush were all in the same field of view.  I love the 1st week of May!
Yard bird highlights include:

Wood thrush
Veery
Swainson's thrush