[birdky] Wood Thrush in downtown Louisville

  • From: <brow1036@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 19:56:53 -0400

When my sister and I dropped off the RV at 7th and Jefferson in Louisville on
our return from Blue Licks this morning, a Wood Thrush hopped down from a small
oak, stared at us, jumped back up in the tree giving us time to grab our binos
and set them on "Close."  Sure enough, he hopped back down, turned around and
around, and then flew off.  What fun!  We failed to find one in the woods all
weekend and then one appeared within 30 feet in downtown Louisville.