[birdky] White-winged Scoter, Campbellsville

  • From: "Mikey Lutmerding" <mlutmerding@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 19:45:12 -0500

Hi all,

My fiance and I are visiting her family in Campbellsville again, and
today we got out to do some local birding, I dipped on the Red-necked Grebe
at Green River Lake, but there were some other nice birds around.  The
highlight being an immature/female plumaged WHITE-WINGED SCOTER at the
Campbellsville City Lake, last year at this same time there was one at this
location as well.  I managed to get some very close looks when an adult BALD
EAGLE landed on the distant shore, pushing all the birds (including the
scoter) in my direction.  Other nice birds here included 2 COMMON GOLDENEYE,
45 NORTHERN SHOVELERS, and 6 GADWALL.  Green River Lake was fairly quiet,
the highlight here was a flock of 27 CANVASBACK near the marina at the dam.

Photos of the White-winged Scoter can be seen at-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeycerw/
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeycerw/)

Good Birding!
Mikey Lutmerding