[birdky] White faced ibis

  • From: "Joan Carr" <joan-of-art@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 11:13:26 -0400

WOW! What an exciting morning. As Les and I were walking along the
floodwall by the Tug Fork of the Big Sandy River this morning, we heard
some very interesting "bird voices". At first we could see nothing, then
the birds cleared the visual obstruction of the floodwall and we could
see them: 17 WHITE-FACED IBISES heading WNW. What a sight and sound and
something totally new for us in this area!

Cheers,
Joan Carr
511 Happy Valley
S. Williamson, KY (Pike Co.)