[birdky] Re: Weirdest spring migration ever????

  • From: "Baker, Jannine M" <jbaker@xxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 22:21:24 -0400

We were just up in Northern Ohio -Magee Marsh, Metzger Marsh, Ottawa NWR, etc-
from Sunday 4/25 to Weds 4/28 and only counted yellow-rumps, palm, a couple of
yellows, and 1 northern waterthrush as far as warblers go.There were sightings
of a Blackburnian, prothonotary and black-throated green but that was it. And
one summer tanager. I know we were early but we really thought we'd see a few
more than we did! So maybe as you say Brainard, they just aren't here yet,
'cause they sure weren't up north either!
Tonight though, I finally saw 2 male rose-breasted grosbeaks at the feeders in
the yard, heard a hermit thrush this a.m.- maybe more species will be showing
up...

Jannine M. Baker
Lexington, KY