[birdky] W. Hend. Co.: HRS, GP/PL

Highlights:
Mississippi Kite at Horseshoe Road slough....Photos.
This is the same area I have seen one for several years.

American Avocet, actually Union Co. near Grassy Pond/Powells Lake
Unit...Photos

Great Egrets 175 at Grassy Pond/Powells Lake Unit
One group of 125 another group of 50 in different sloughs.
Those numbers are pretty good. I attempted to count.

Notes:

Horseshoe Road slough is now developing into some really good
shorebird habitat, but the shorebirds really are not the great yet.

Horseshoe Road slough, Henderson, US-KY
Aug 17, 2011 6:45 AM - 8:45 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
21 species

Wood Duck  1
Great Blue Heron  25
Great Egret  1
Mississippi Kite  1     Photos
Killdeer  X
Spotted Sandpiper  X
Lesser Yellowlegs  2
Semipalmated Sandpiper  X
Least Sandpiper  X
Pectoral Sandpiper  X
Mourning Dove  X
American Crow  X
Northern Rough-winged Swallow  X
Bank Swallow  X
Barn Swallow  X
Common Yellowthroat  X
Song Sparrow  X
Indigo Bunting  X
Red-winged Blackbird  X
Common Grackle  X
American Goldfinch  X

Sloughs WMA - Grassy Pond/Powells Lake, Henderson, US-KY
Aug 17, 2011 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
18 species