[birdky] Updated photos from last weekend

  • From: <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 21:34:58 -0500

All,

I've added a few photos from last weekend's whirlwind trip covering Memphis
and eastern Arkansas with Paul Lehman, Jeff Wilson, and Kenny and LaDonna
Nichols. Kenny and LaDonna gave us a great tour of eastern AR, and of course
it was very enlightening to be in the field with Paul, one of the ABA's top
Birders. Between Jeff and the Nichols, Paul got quite a few "ticks" over the
weekend, and my Arkansas list is much-improved:')

I didn't take time to try for many photos, but I've added a couple of the
Grackle-eating Bittern, and a Purple Gallinule from Arkansas Post, AR, along
with a couple of shorebird pix from the Pits at Ensley.

This gallery is at: http://www.pbase.com/mctodd/temp_2005 , clicking on any
thumbnail will bring-up the full-size shot.

Seems like with the Yellow-headed Blackbird found during the State Meeting,
lingering Harris's Sparrow, and now Jeff's 2 Reeve's; Memphis is the place
to be right now! I hope I can get down there in the next day or two. Hope
everyone enjoyed the State Meeting in Memphis, and I also hope you had more
shorebirds that hung around the Pits this weekend, than we did in Arkansas.
That front really pushed the birds out on us over there. But, if you don't
have many birds, as long as they are American Avocets, Willets at every
turn, Black-bellied Plovers, etc; quality makes up for some quantity!

Good Birding!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN
Carroll Co.