[birdky] Today's wanderings

Spent most of the day in LBL chasing turkeys.  Although in rained (hard)
and the wind blew (harder) it was an enjoyable day to be in the woods
with everything starting to green up and wildflowers in bloom.   Things
of interest:

Several whip-poor wills were singing early.  Most conspicuous in number
are white-th sparrows, chipping sparrows, dark-eyed junco's and bg
gnatcatchers.  Yellow-th vireos were also heard and seen.  Butterflies
are hatching in abundance with at least 100 tiger swallowtails and a
zebra swallowtail observed.  I can't ID all that other stuff.  FOS
broad-w hawk and hummingbird.  Also had a FOS cattle egret at WKWMA and
a FOS rough-w swallow calling on the fence at work this evening.  Oh,
and I saw 1 turkey as I was leaving LBL.  It was standing in the road
ditch right beside the entrance to KY lake scenic drive.  I think it
waved at me.

Scott Record
Ragland KY