[birdky] Time to plan for fall KOS meeting

  • From: "sk" <kistlers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 09:50:51 -0500

The annual meeting of the Kentucky Ornithological Society will be held
during the weekend of September 19th - 21st , 2014, at Lake Barkley State
Resort Park. The meeting will include field trips Friday afternoon, Saturday
morning, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning. Friday and Saturday evening
meetings include excellent guest speakers. More details will be published
soon on the KOS website,  <http://www.birdky.org> www.birdky.org.

The park is holding a block of 20 lodge rooms for KOS members, at a group
rate of $ 89.95 plus taxes per night. This block will be held until August
19th; after that there is no promise a room will be available, discounted or
otherwise. To reserve a spot, call 1-800-325-1708 and tell them you are with
KOS. If I read their website correctly, they have a couple of pet-friendly
rooms available. They also have cabins and campsites in the park.

We'll get more specific information online in the near future, but don't
wait too long to get a room. We took twenty-four rooms at our spring
meeting.

I hope to see everyone on September,

Steve Kistler

KOS Pres.