[birdky] Re: Snowy Owl at Seward Road, Fairfield Township OHIO

  • From: PRESTON FORSYTHE <pns_for@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "krzy4owls@xxxxxxxx" <krzy4owls@xxxxxxxx>, birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 14:17:50 -0800

Shari and I observed the only Snowy Owl located in Florida last winter. It was
on the beach northeast of Jacksonville for several weeks. So if this Owl at
Fairfield, Ohio, continues to be there, and that is not oo far from where you
live, I recomend a trip to see this owl......Preston in Muhl. Co

On Friday, December 12, 2014 1:18 PM, Kathy Caminiti <krzy4owls@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Joe and I just saw this Snowy Owl at 2:03 PM today!
Absolutely wonderful!
We saw the post on Facebook and we just happened to be only 6 miles away!
Thank you Andrew and the other birders we saw there!

Kathy and Joe Caminiti

Here's the info posted on Cincinnati Birders:

Date: Friday, December 12, 2014
Location: Seward Road, Fairfield Township
Reporter: Andrew Cannizzaro
Other Birders:
There is a SNOWY OWL in a cornfield on Seward road near the intersection with
Tylersville road in Butler County. It was in the eastern field behind one of
the houses (Google maps coordinates: 39.35514,-84.485382).

I managed to get a fuzzy picture of it from the road:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/acryptozoo/15382921344/