[birdky] Sloughs WMA

  • From: Charles Crawford <cr4d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 19:22:22 -0500

Last trip into the closing areas of the Sloughs WMA for this year. It
will not reopen until after March 15th, 2012.
Now I can devote more time to other areas of the Sloughs that remain
open all year.

Duck numbers at Wood Tract were down a whole lot.
Geese (Canadas & GWF) were up with a mixed flock of about 500 between
Muddy Slough and Hardy Slough.

Highlights:
1 VERY Late season Blue Grosbeak; female or 1st year male. Poor
backlit photos.
I spotted it after hearing the distinctive "TINK".

Sloughs WMA -Gentle P., Pond Creek Marsh, Hardy Slough, SBU,
Henderson, US-KY
Oct 31, 2011 7:25 AM - 12:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Including J Dance Rd wetspot
51 species

Greater White-fronted Goose  X
Canada Goose  X
Wood Duck  X