[birdky] Sloughs 6/22/11

  • From: Charles Crawford <cr4d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 19:43:52 -0500

Sorry for the lack of my posting lately. It just seemed very little
was worth reporting.
So here is today's report:

Highlights: 250 Imm. Starlings at 268 (River) slough, flocking all
over a bulldozer.

I have been seeing a regular Warbling Vireo at the Sloughs next to the
Ohio River by Wood Tract north.

Other notes:

268 (River) slough is draining due to the fact that the farmer has
created a channel to drain the slough into the Ohio.
Every where else all impoundments are full of water.
With the recent rains, Shorebird Unit is full again. All of the
impoundments between Anderson Pond and Gentle Pond are full.
136 out to Horseshoe Road slough has really been worked on and re-
graveled. It is in the best shape it has ever been.
Horseshoe Road slough is full.

There really is no Shorebird habitat.

Sloughs WMA -Gentle P., Pond Creek Marsh, Hardy Slough, SBU,
Henderson, US-KY
Jun 22, 2011 6:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)