[birdky] Shorebird Sister Schools Program (SSSP) observations

  • From: Elizabeth.Ciuzio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:05:56 -0400

I am forwarding an email from Hilary Chapman who coordinates the Shorebird
Sister Schools Program (SSSP). It is a program that links students,
education, biologists, and shorebird enthusiasts along
flyways tracking shorebird migration.  The idea is for the participants to
become more aware, knowledgeable, and engaged in conservation of shorebirds
and habitats in their local communities.

Elizabeth Ciuzio
KDFWR

We need your help!!!  To fully engage participants along flyways, we would
like to have postings from across the country about shorebird observations.
This could include observations of shorebird departures, arrival, breeding,
nesting, including the habitat they are using, other species seen (animals
and plants) etc.   We would also be grateful for any postings regarding
observations and/or results from research or monitoring projects.
Observations are posted on our web page at http://sssp.fws.gov click on
shorebird update. Your observations are highly valuable to this program.

Send postings to:  sssp@xxxxxxx or hilary_chapman@xxxxxxx

Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you!!!

Hilary Chapman
Shorebird Sister Schools Program Coordinator
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
National Conservation Training Center
Division of Education Outreach
Route 1, Box 166, Shepherd Grade Rd.