[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'BIRDKY Freelists'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 18:34:37 -0600

We counted 26 species this weekend, which is 8 species fewer than this
weekend in 2014.  We didn't even count a Cowbird, which is extraordinary for
this time of year.   After several weekends away, we did not start counting
until mid afternoon yesterday and then the drippy weather today didn't help.
Noteworthy sightings were the 6-7 Dark-eyed Juncos that spent part of this
afternoon around the feeders and the first bird I saw as I turned in the
driveway, yesterday, was a Loggerhead Shrike, which we've been missing this
season (I posted a photo of it this morning).

Stephen Tyson, Schochoh, Logan Co., KY

Species Name:

Turkey Vulture

Black Vulture