[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'BIRDKY'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 20:07:24 -0500

We counted 47 species this weekend, including two new species for our
"house" list.  I spotted a Prairie Warbler briefly on Friday, which was a
first here.  Then late this morning I watched an Osprey pass over, winging
directly north.  It was also a first here and a really odd sight, so far
from water.  We counted first-of-season, Northern Rough-winged Swallow,
Chimney Swift, Ruby-throated Hummingbird and Eastern Kingbird.  I did count
the first Bluebird (a single) in many weeks, though our two nest boxes seem
to be firmly held by Tree Swallow pairs.  My Robin nest count is up to
seven, on our few acres.  All but one have eggs.

Stephen Tyson, Schochoh, Logan Co., KY

Species Name:

Northern Bobwhite

Canada Goose