[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'BIRDKY'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 20:26:48 -0500

We counted 37 species this weekend.  We had FOS Purple Martin and Blue
Grosbeak, but otherwise missed a number of normal birds for this time of
year.  The intense winds yesterday and today seemed to keep movement down.
Bluebirds continue their absence, Red-tails, Flickers and Collared Doves
were missing.  I counted five robin nests with eggs on our few acres, three
of them with four eggs each.  The Thrashers are making a mess of every
flower bed (everything gets picked up and tossed about) and they now have a
nest with two eggs in the bush garden.  It is that time of year.

Stephen Tyson, Schochoh, Logan Co., KY

Species Name:

Northern Bobwhite

Canada Goose