[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'BIRDKY'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 19:54:12 -0500

We counted 39 species this weekend.  We managed 6 sparrows, including our
first Field Sparrow of the season and the first Vesper Sparrow in three
years (mentioned in a post this morning).  A Mourning Dove appears to be
sitting on eggs in a birch tree near the house and I'm aware of two Robin
nests under construction, close by.  We also watched Song Sparrows,
Starlings and House Sparrows, gathering nesting materials this weekend.

Stephen Tyson, Schochoh, Logan Co., KY

Species Name:

Northern Bobwhite

Canada Goose