[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'BIRDKY'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 19:02:53 -0500

We counted 36 species this weekend, including a FOS Tree Swallow (reported
yesterday) and the first Killdeer that we've counted in a long time.  I did
not count a trio (a male & two females) of Rusty or Brewer's Blackbirds that
I saw briefly this morning.  They sat only a  few seconds after I realized
what I was seeing and I could not be certain which they were.  The DE Juncos
continue to hang around the feeders, which is a rare blessing.  The
Red-bellied and Red-headed Woodpeckers are calling almost constantly from
the woodlot across the road and when they're not calling they're drumming.

Stephen Tyson, Schochoh, Logan Co., KY

Species Name:

Northern Bobwhite

Canada Goose