[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 20:58:27 -0600

This is a lean mid-winter list of 24 species.  The wind really made it
difficult to see and hear birds this weekend.   I thought I heard the
whining of a Waxwing this morning, but was not able to confirm it (our
Hawthorns and Holleys are still heavy with berries).  The recent bitter cold
has chased the large flocks of Killdeer that we saw during December.
They're completely missing now.  Cowbirds, which normally are overwhelming
our feeders by this time in January, are completely absent also.

Stephen Tyson, Schochoh, Logan Co., KY

Species Name:

American Crow

American Goldfinch