[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 17:46:11 -0600

We counted 34 species this weekend, which is five more then our highest
count ever for the comparable weekend in December. The list is pretty plain
though. I counted seven Eastern Meadowlarks this morning, which is
extraordinary compared to the ones and twos we've seen recently. We've gone
many weeks, this autumn, without seeing any Meadowlarks. Other than that,
the only real highlight was the Cedar Waxwings eating honeysuckle berries,
in the pond thicket, this afternoon. Notable misses were Red-headed
Woodpeckers, Northern Flickers, Chipping Sparrows and Cowbirds...no Cowbirds
is downright odd, for here, at any time of year.

Stephen Tyson, Schochoh, Logan Co., KY

Species Name:

Canada Goose

Turkey Vulture