[birdky] Sandhill crane hunting

  • From: <gailandjoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 15:26:11 -0500

Seems to me that if, when the time comes to establish a crane hunting season,
it will probably be a quota hunt.  That seems to be the current trend.  It
raises money for the wildlife management programs (they do need it).  If we
birders enter the lottery for the hunting permits a certain number of them will
fall into our hands and protect a few birds.

Kind of a grim prospect but may be the most useful action we can take.

Joe Swanson
Lexington