[birdky] Re: Raccoons

  • From: David Roemer <dlroemer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tpaulanderson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:16:12 -0700 (PDT)

Joanie and I have the same trouble with raccoons, we can't even keep a rain
gauge on the deck.  The coons take the tube out and drink the water but are too
lazy to replace it, and just throw it down and break it.

Also had trouble with Gray Squirrels, my neighbor's brother was catching them
in town and releasing them 2 doors down from us.  I borrowed a trap and caught
a few, transporting them miles away.  I told Joanie they might be beating me
back to the house since I couldn't recognize them.  So I started spray painting
them green while in the trap and before releasing them.  Never saw one of them
again.

David Roemer
Bowling Green