[birdky] RPt: Elliott County

  • From: Evelyn Morgan <one4est@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bird KY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 17:44:55 -0700 (PDT)

I worked at home today, and while eating lunch on the deck, a small mixed flock
of warblers came through.  The group included magnolia, black and white, pine,
yellow throated, blue gray gnat catchers, yellow throated vireo, red eye vireo
and the normal titmouse, chickadees.

After work I had a red headed woodpecker in my yard.  The second one I've seen,
and not since Oct 1990.

The highlight of the day was the Blue Grosbeak I found in the hay field on the
farm on 504.  I saw 2 females and 1 Male.  Got really good looks.   there were
lots of Field Sparrows and blue birds.

All in all, not to be bird watching it was a good day!

Evelyn Morgan
Elliott County