[birdky] RPT:count week on 480 near Shepherdsville Christmas Day

  • From: michael autin <napkinarmstrong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 20:15:50 -0500

I went scouting/week counting on my part of the Bernheim CBC which starts just
North of the Salt River around I-65, across to the other side of the highway on
480 across to Ironwood Trail on the East side of 480.  Not a whole lot but a
few birds that may be difficult to find tomorrow.

Shepherdsville 4:45-6:10pm

Canada Goose-heard
Hooded Merganser-a pair at 480 in small pond at dusk just past intersection of
cedar grove road
Black Vulture-65+- kettle over new Zappos property on North side of 480 heading
South at dusk
Killdeer-1 seen several heard
Belted kingfisher- sitting on ground same pond with mergs, head shape barely
visible in fading light
Cedar Waxwing-50+ over 480 on West side of I-65
White-cr. Sparrow- pretty sure heard call of bird in parking lot by small
fenced cemetery on Cedar Grove industrial property
Red-wg. Blackbird-200+ moving back in forth looking for roosting spot near
intersection of cedar grove road and 480
Brown-hd. Cowbird-8 or so with starlings separated from blackbird flock no
grackles detected

Good Birding and counting,
Michael Autin
 Louisville, KY