[birdky] Re: RPT/RFI--Piping Plover at Minor Clark Hatchery? (retraction)

  • From: "geraldrobe" <geraldrobe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 22:02:49 -0400

I should have done more research (i.e., look at another field guide) before I
sent this out. Sibley shows the Piping Plover posed like my photos, where you
can't see that the neck band is broken (he does have a line pointing to the
breastband in one of the pictures that says "usually broken", but who
reads?!?). The other 3 field guides I have all show that feature plainly.

Some of the other photos I have show that this bird's neck band meets solidly
in the middle, So this is a pale-looking Semipalmated.