[birdky] RPT: Siskins and Swainson's thrushes

Nov. 4, 2008: Rowan County - A pair of pine siskins was hanging out around
the office this morning.  Their zhreeee call alerted me to their presence.
They flew down towards me and landed in a tree about 15 feet away.  I had
the binoculars with me this time.  I'm guessing they were attracted to the
seeds of the big sycamore tree.

Oct. 31, 2008: Lawrence County - A pair of Swainson's thrushes (most likely)
was fluttering after each other along a forest edge at the wetlands section
of the Yatesville Lake WMA.  I almost dismissed them as hermit thrushes
because hermit thrushes are so common there in the winter.  The chest and
cheeks were noticeably buffy in coloration.  The dorsal portions of the
bodies were solid brown, no reddish tail feathers.  I did not look at the
eye ring.

Scott Freidhof

Rowan County