[birdky] RPT: Logan and Todd County Common Species

  • From: "Mark & Tommie Gail Bennett" <benn5609@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 12:24:05 -0600

Birding this AM in my usual local spots produced the following observations
of possible interest to some.

Lake Herndon in central Logan County, just north of the metropolis of
Russellville, produced:

  Canada Goose 49
  Mallard  4
  Gadwall  3
  Pied-billed Grebe  3

Guthrie Swamp, just east of the metropolis of Guthrie, south basins
produced:

  Canada Goose  49
  Mallard  4
  Gadwall 3
  Greater Scaup  1  Adult Male
  Pied-billed Grebe  3
  Hooded Merganser 11
  Great Blue Heron  2
  Northern Harrier  1  Adult female
  Anas species (Green-winged Teal?) 7  Seen in flight at over the actual
swamp

Guthrie Swamp's northeast basin produced only ~ 20 American Pipits.

That concludes this report.

BTW:  Can you tell that I am originally from Metropolis?  :-)

Mark Bennett
113 Iroquois Circle
Russellville, KY  42276

Logan County, Kentucky