[birdky] RPT: Golden Eagle - Floyd County

  • From: "Scott Freidhof" <sialia67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 18:15:43 -0500

This report is second-hand again because apparently I don't look up when
golden eagles fly over.  The elk biologist for the Department of Fish and
Wildlife has observed a golden eagle(s) numerous times during the month of
December on a big strip mine on the Floyd/Pike county line.  The strip mine
is referred to as Ivy Creek.  Charlie and his technician showed me pictures
of the eagle(s) in flight on their camera.  The most recent date as recorded
on the camera was Dec. 15th.

Scott Freidhof

Rowan County