[birdky] RFI: Louisville Municipal Harbor (Towhead Island) Access

  • From: "Brainard Palmer-Ball, Jr." <brainard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 06:18:14 -0500

This is for anyone in the Louisville area who has successfully passed thru
the new gates at the Louisville Municipal Harbor (Towhead Island).  This
spot is off River Road just downstream from Eva Bandman Park. I don't bird
in Louisville as much as I used to and yesterday I was surprised to see big
white gates at the entrance to one of our better river birding spots.  Has
anyone with the local club talked to anyone at the marina to see how we can
gain access to the spit at the mouth of Beargrass Creek for viewing
waterbirds?  I can understand the gate for security purposes, but my
understanding has always been that this is public land in some fashion?  If
it needs to be looked into, let me know and I'll pursue it.

Thanks for any insight,

bpb, Louisville
brainard.palmer-ball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx