[birdky] Re: Question regarding Anchorage Mute Swan

  • From: "Rob Lane" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "shrikeguy@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "rfalls311@xxxxxxxxx" <rfalls311@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 21:28:25 -0500

The Mute Swan at the Anchorage Trail is considered to have been released in to
the Lake area a few years back by people.In fact there were 2 at one time but
the one bird was killed by a "predator."

However on the Ohio River last year in several places Ice and winter weather
did produce countable birds more than likely from the Great Lake areas from
already self sustainable populations of Mute Swan.

Regards,
Rob Lane

BIRDKY List Manager: Gary Ritchison.