[birdky] Possible Multiple Jaegers at Barren Reservoir

  • From: David Roemer <dlroemer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bird ky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 19:05:54 -0700 (PDT)

An uneasy feeling that I may have seen more than one jaeger bugged me all day
today.  The first jaeger I saw this morning, I initially thought was a juv
Parasitic.  It disappeared and I saw another shortly thereafter that I felt
sure was a juv Long-tailed.  Both of these birds were at extreme distances.
The jaeger that Aaron and I saw late this afternoon is without question a juv
Long-tailed.  After reviewing the many images from the day, I cannot rule out
one as being a possible Parasitic at this time.   I'm posting this in case
anyone is interested in pursuing these birds.

David Roemer
Bowling Green