[birdky] Pike Co. Birds

  • From: "Joan Carr" <sca00122@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 20:11:13 -0400

Hi All,
Right now the song of the WOOD THRUSH floats though the open windows,
and the same was so early this morning in the bedroom. Last night sounds
of BARRED OWLS flooded the area and drifted into the bedroom. It seemed
as if there was a huge number of them; however, there were probably only
three or four squawking and squealing and chattering. Then OVENBIRDS,
BROWN THRASHERS, FINCHES, ETC. sang throughout the day.

Les and I went out one morning this week and IDed 40 species, including
HORNED LARKS, 20+ EASTERN MEADOWLARKS, AM. KESTRELS, 20+ FIELD SPARROWS
(all claiming territories), WILD TURKEYS, E. BLUEBIRDS, RED-TAILED HAWK,
and the other usuals. I also have one female HOUSE FINCH at one of the
feeders with a severe case of the House Finch Virus.

Cheers, Joan of Art and Nature
South Williamson, Pike Co.