[birdky] Re: Not birds (directly)…Tom Barnes eulogy

  • From: Judy Lundquist <jlq.sci@xxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 10:17:12 -0400

I didn't know Tom well but did run into him from time to time, and knew his work. I really admired the man.

Judy Lundquist
Lexington

On 10/16/2014 8:41 AM, Mark Tower wrote:
Surely many of you have heard of Tom Barnes' passing early this week. I never met the man, but I doubt I'm alone in being appreciative of his life and work. Most of us have read his /Gardening for the Birds/ while pursuing our pastime at home. Our interests frequently go beyond birds however, and for this we are thankful for his /Wildflowers and Ferns of Kentucky./ Likewise his work for conservation in our state (and beyond) was poignant through works such as /Kentucky's Last Great Places /and /The Gift of Creation/.

May others rise up and carry on his good work.

Mark Tower
Lexington

No virus found in this message.