[birdky] Minor Clark Fish Hatchery (9/16/06)

  • From: Lana Hays <lhays2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: KY Birdlist Birdlist <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:55:18 -0400

I made a quick trip to the fish hatchery yesterday before going out of town to a wedding.

The Peregrine Falcon is definitely back. I thought I saw him on Labor Day Weekend but wasn't 100% sure. Then last weekend I got an email from Mike Wright stating that he'd seen no shorebirds but then saw the Peregrine Falcon perched in a tall snag. Yesterday I was watching what few shorebirds were there when the falcon came from behind me and made a pass through the pond. What shorebirds I saw were in Pond #28 and #72 but they were pretty skittish and moved around quite a bit.

Yesterday's birds:
2 Pectoral Sandpipers
1 Semipalmated Sandpiper
4 Least Sandpipers
1 Semipalmated Plover
Killdeer
2 Wilson's Snipes
1 American Pipit

I posted a shot of the American Pipit, Wilson's Snipe, and the Semipalmated Sandpiper on my website.....not much to show for the day.

www.lanahays.com
"What's New (KY)

Lana Hays
Walton, KY

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Visit the Kentucky Ornithological Society
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * BIRDKY List Manager: Gary Ritchison, Richmond, KY